Priest – Best PvP & PvE Builds Tree
The priest in World of Warcraft is the only class with two talent trees for healing and only one for spell damage. Fortunately, all three specializations are in demand and play in modern meta in both PvE and PvP. We will graphically present all current builds for each spec in WoW Dragonflight. Healer priests are in demand in most raiding groups due to their strong defensive abilities, ability to heal or shield multiple targets, mass dispersal, and more. On the other hand, Shadow priests are great against clusters of enemies or paired bosses, as well as in situations where damage splitting is required. In addition, healer and range DPS are plentiful in the arena and battlegrounds at almost any rating.
Priest Best PvE Build in WoW Dragonflight 10.1
In this case, we'll take apart the talent trees intended for use only in the PvE segments of the game WoW Dragonflight, whether it's a run on the epochal keys or conquering a raid on any difficulty.
Shadow Priest PvE Build
In this case, we will start the analysis exactly with the specialization capable of dealing gradual damage to one or more targets. It is called shadow priest and is the only one for this class. It is distinguished by its ability to divide damage between several targets and to deal damage effectively. In addition, the priest can heal allies and doesn't lose any DPS when moving. Critical specialization abilities are Void Eruption, Mind Flay, and some idols like Idol of Y'Shaarj, Idol of C'Thun, Idol of Yogg-Saron, and Idol of N'Zoth. Also important are Mind Sear, Shadow Crash, Vampiric Touch, and Devouring Plague. A common important ability is Power Infusion with Twins of the Sun Priestess. Now to the talents:
The pros of SP are flexible play style, massive damage on multiple targets, steep self-healing, and functional raid abilities. The minuses are high demands on the player's attention, a considerable scatter of talents, and depending on resources, you need to think a little ahead.
Discipline Priest PvE Build
Next, pay attention to the specialization that can effectively deal damage at the right moment and simultaneously heal allies. We are talking about the Discipline priest, whose important quality is the ability to use shields and skills that reduce incoming damage to the raid or group. Critical specialization abilities are Atonement, Power Word: Radiance, Power Word: Barrier, Penance, Power Word: Shield, and Power Word: Life. The build looks like this:
The main features of this set of talents are the ability to quickly raise the health of a single target, excellent mass defensive abilities, relatively high mobility, and gameplay flexibility. The disadvantages are weak mass healing spells, high skill for confident play, and severe penalties for mistakes.
Holy Priest PvE Build
The last talent branch will be holy, focusing on solid raid healing without hybrid damage to enemies. It is distinguished by its excellent mass healing, strong cooldowns, and mass dissipation of adverse effects. Critical specialization abilities are Holy Word: Sanctify, Holy Word: Serenity, Prayer of Mending, and Circle of Healing Icon Circle of Healing. Divine Hymn, Apotheosis, and Holy Word: Salvation are also important. The talent branch is as follows:
Priest Best PvP Build in WoW Dragonflight 10.1 Season 2
In the PvP segment, priests are very much dependent on the personal skill of the gamer himself. The priest becomes very weak and vulnerable in the wrong hands, but in competent hands, he reveals himself as a formidable opponent. The choice of the right build essentially decides the outcome of the battle.
Shadow Priest PvP Build
Priest in PvP is extremely dangerous to opponents, as any specialization can replenish health and damage and remove most of the effects. Discipline and Shadow are the most popular, but Holy is also excellent. Let's start the PvP segment with the shadow priest. It is important to remember that DPS have Dispel Magic, Mass Dispel, and Power Word: Shield skills and use them effectively. The primary skills are Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, and Mind Flay. The talent branch looks like this:
From the pluses of this specialization in PvP, we can highlight the vast AoE damage, the ability to dispel most of the effects, and excellent gradual damage. Disadvantages include low mobility, weakness against melee fighters, and weak defense.
Discipline Priest PvP Build
Next, the ExpCarry team will present a build for perhaps the most popular PvP priest development called Discipline because the build is perfectly versatile and can both perfectly heal a teammate and damage the enemy. In this case, the essential skills are Purging the Wicked, Penance, Power Words: Shield, Flash Heal, and Pain Suppression. Remembering the Power Word: Radiance, Life, and Rapture are also essential. The branch of talents looks like the following:
The pros of this specialization are the most potent defensive abilities, excellent on-demand damage, and single-target solid healing. Disadvantages are terrible mobility, huge mana cost for healing, and demanding player skill.
Holy Priest PvP Build
The final PvP specialization will be holy, aimed mainly at the strongest healing and saving allies from death. The essential features are the massive healing of one or more teammates and a good mana curve in combat. In this case, the vital skills are Cardinal Mending, Apotheosis, Power Word: Shield, Holy Word: Serenity, and Flash Heal. Also, necessary to remember Guardian Spirit, Power Word: Life, and Power Infusion. The build looks like this:
The holy priest's pluses include healing, solid defensive cooldowns, and the ability to save a partner from death. The disadvantages are weakness against melee teams, limited mobility, and significant roles of valuable skills.
WoW Dragonflight 10.1.0. Class Development Notes
- Fixed an issue causing the root effect from Void Tendrils to persist after the Void Tendril is killed.
- Fixed an issue causing Protective Light to trigger when casting Flash Heal on allies without Binding Heals talented.
- Dispel Magic now costs 2% of base Mana (was 1.6%).
- Enduring Luminescence Icon Enduring Luminescence now also reduces the cast time of Power Word: Radiance Icon Power Word: Radiance by 30%.
- Power Word: Radiance Icon Power Word: Radiance now has a spell school of Radiant (was Holy).
- Improved Mass Dispel Icon Improved Mass Dispel reduces the cast time of Mass Dispel Icon Mass Dispel by 0.5 seconds (was 1 second).
- Psychic Scream Icon Psychic Scream now hits all enemies within 8 yards (was a maximum of 5 enemies).
- Void Tendrils Icon Void Tendrils now hits all nearby enemies within 8 yards (was a maximum of 5 enemies).
- Fixed an issue causing Divine Aegis Icon Divine Aegis to double dip into absorption increase or reduction mechanics.
- Divine Aegis Icon Divine Aegis once again creates an absorb shield for 5%/10% of the amount healed (was 3%/6%).
- The bounce radius of Prayer of Mending Icon Prayer of Mending has been increased by 10 yards.
- Divine Image Icon Divine Image now spawns 1 Naaru that is empowered and grows with further Holy Word casts.
- Divine Image Icon Divine Image now teleports near the Priest when the Priest casts a Holy Word spell if the Image is further than 15 yards away.
- Divine Favor: Chastise Icon Divine Favor: Chastise and Divine Favor: Serenity Icon Divine Favor: Serenity have been added to the Personal Resource Display.
- Dazzling Lights Icon Dazzling Lights healing from Divine Image Icon Divine Image reduced by 50%.
- Empowered Renew Icon Empowered Renew now only triggers when casting Renew Icon Renew.
- Empowered Renew Icon Empowered Renew now causes Renew Icon Renew to instantly heal your target for 40% of its total periodic effect (10%).
- Healing Chorus Icon Healing Chorus now causes Renew Icon Renew to increase the healing done by your next Circle of Healing Icon Circle of Healing by 2%, stacking up to 50 times (was 1%).
- Shadow Word: Death Icon Shadow Word: Death cooldown reduced to 10 seconds. Now also gives 4 Insanity baseline. The damage of the spell has been adjusted to compensate.
- Psychic Scream Icon Psychic Scream now hits all enemies within eight yards.
- Void Tendrils Icon Void Tendrils now hits all enemies within eight yards.
We hope that this section was helpful for you and that you found something interesting. The ExpCarry team will periodically add and update new builds to substantially assist gamers. Our guides will help the player level, explain general information, and make the hero more robust and valuable — choose the one you want.